Tuesday, September 1, 2015

More YES!

I realize that quite often I'm on a mission in life and I've found myself telling you both 'not now - we don't have time' too often. So I'm really trying hard to just say 'yes' more often.  We have busy schedules so that you can do all the activities you love but I don't want this time to go by without memories for me to hold onto when you are grown. 

So I try hard to 'put you to bed' when I can - yes, there are nights when I'm too tired but I try even on those nights to spend some time talking to you. 

I love hearing how God is working in your lives. You tell me what's going on in school, with your friends, in your mind - that's priceless. I hope that you'll always share with me. I don't want to be too controlling of your every move yet I feel it's my job to guide you. 

So on a snow day when you guys beg me to take off work and go snow tubing - I did and loved it. 

When we were tired and over slept for church - we took the time to go check out God's amazing creation with a family hike. Addy's 'poor little legs and ingrown toenails' made it very tough on her but we had a great day just outside, walking and talking together. And Addy and I held hands the whole way back! 😄


My hope is that we remember these little moments. It's easy to remember the big trips, the holidays, etc. I treasure these surprise moments together and I know your dad does too. 


So here is to family game nights...

And funny faces....


I love you both!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment